4.6.09

6.3.09 Hot Dish @ Ugly Mug in Downtown Minneapolis

Go see sexy** cover band Hot Dish next time they play at the Ugly Mug. But don't try to network with any men over 40 claiming to be in your line of work; THEY'RE LYING.

Even if they are a Silver Fox, and look like this:



They are STILL lying. Silver foxes do not want to help you get into your career. They want to help themselves get into your pants. Hey Grandpa, I'd rather let THIS Silver Fox into my pants:


Fact: giving out your business card anywhere in downtown apparently gives people license to call you right then and there in the bar for NON-business purposes. 12:41am Call #1 from across the bar. I did not answer but shot a dirty look toward Grandpa and his Twins jersey-donning posse who are watchin Grandpa make the call to see if it was a legit number. Saved to phone as "Creep."

2:37 Call #2 while I'm passed on my couch next to a McDonald's bag. It did not come up as "Creep" but I did not answer. Instead I got a voicemail: "Hey Shayna I just wanted to let you know I got on my, uh, best jump suit and I got this really cool hat, it's got these wings on it, it's sweet. You should come out and dance with me sometime. I'd love to talk to you gimme a call. Bye." Are we passing my card around in the little boy's room now? Saved to phone as "Creep 2."

Fact: Men in downtown don't care what you do for a living. When they say business they mean "BUSINESS."

**The sexiest part of Hot Dish is that their between song banter is spoken in Minnesota Mom accents and gets a little gossipy. HOT DISH, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. he must have been jealous of shawn's and mike's 80s themed outfits, hence the message. by the way.. i like older men......

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that's Tom Jones in the photo and is the first thing that pops up when you Google "silver fox grandpa."

    ReplyDelete